So you are looking for a Home Inspector, you've found one... or so you think?
With so many independent Home Inspectors and the myriad of Home Inspection franchises it's hard to sort out the good from the bad and the amateurs from the professionals. It certainly is a buyer beware environment. There are several aspects that you should consider when choosing a Home Inspector. Here are 10 important questions to ask your home inspector before you commit to an inspector.
- Does your home inspector actually have personal experience in residential & industrial construction?
- Does your home inspector measure the quality of the service he provides by asking his clients to complete a quality questionnaire? And can he provide references from past clients? Is 80% or more of his business derived from referrals provided by happy customers and industry professionals?
- Does he provide digital photos as a permanent record of the condition of the home, & the appliances included, to provide you with a excellent communication tool?
- Has your inspector graduated from Canada's foremost home inspection training institute & and was he trained by one of the most experienced home inspectors in the country?
- Does your home inspector devote between 2.5 - 3 hours or more for your benefit…are you in control of the time allotted or is he?
- Does your home inspector use state of the art home inspection tools such as moisture meters, gas detectors, laser thermometers, thermal imaging camera, & telephoto lenses to reduce the risk of an error?
- Does your home inspector offer free follow-up consultation on any construction or building related issue you might encounter? Including mold and radon testing?
- Is your home inspector truly a "trained defect recognition expert" or did he gain his credentials by buying them?
- Does your home inspector have the communication skills to clearly explain how the building was constructed, and will you clearly understand the potential health or financial impact of any defect or issue. If you are buying a country property does he provide the well recovery and septic inspection also?
- Does your home inspector help you "balance your decision" by bringing all of his experience and skills into the process along with a first class reporting system and handouts complete with a writtenHome Inspection Report addressing over 500 points, digital photos taken during the inspection, construction diagrams and a handbook to help you maintain your home properly?
You can count on Professional Home Inspections we provide all of the above as part of our Home Inspection Services.
Contact us today for a free quote.
Call us at <> or complete our online Inspection Quote Request.